Adding Google Analytics To Your USU OU Campus Website
You now have the option to track Google Analytics for your unit's website. Follow these steps to get started:
- Navigate to analytics.google.com
- Sign in to your unit's Google account (i.e. email@example.com). We strongly recommend that you do NOT use a personal email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) to allow your unit to continue to access analytics even through staff changes. If you do not have a unit email account, contact the Service Desk (email@example.com or 797-4357) to request one.
- Select the Admin link.
- Select an account from the drop-down menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the drop-down menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
- Under Basic Settings, you will find your Tracking Id (it should start with "UA-").
- Copy the Tracking Id.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Tracking Id (see Step 8), requesting to have Analytics set up on your site.
We'll get back to you within one business day letting you know that it is done.
A Few External Resources
- Google Analytics Training and Support
- Absolute Beginners Guide to Google Analytics: An overview of what Google Analytics can do for you and how to understand it. Note: The IT Web Team will set up Google Analytics for your OU Campus site, so the most valuable section will be "How to View Google Analytics Data."
- Understanding Google Analytics: A Simple Guide to Advanced Terms