Content Promoter for News
With Content Promoter for News you can create news articles, share a searchable list of articles with an image and description on a designated news page, add a news feed to a homepage (or other web page), link to articles from outside sources, and even create a news page that pulls in articles from other OU Campus sites that match your choice of tags.
There are three article types:
- Standard--comes with a picture you can easily replace
- Image Gallery--comes prebuilt with a place to include an image gallery
- Video--comes with a video embedded that you can replace with your own video content
You can choose to feature articles at the top of your main news landing page in three ways: (1) one main featured article, (2) three featured articles, or (3) both a main and three featured articles.
Each article, except for those pulled in from an external source, also come with a built-in .pdf version of the article that website visitors can download or share. Content creators choose whether to have a 1, 2 or 3 column layout for the .pdf file.
Homepage News Feed
You also have the option of creating a news feed, pulled from your OU Campus website or another USU OU Campus website, for your homepage with a set number of the most recent articles that match your tag choices. You can choose from a variety of news feed layout options including 1-column, 2-column, 3-column, headline and magazine.
For more detailed information, refer to our Content Promoter for News Getting Started Guide.
Things to Know
- The page description field in your parameters is used for (1) Google meta data and (2) the description in your news feed index pages or embedded feeds.
- On your news index pages or embedded feeds, the description is set to break at the end of the word immediately before the 320 character limit.
- If you copied and pasted the page description from Word or another word processor (or even website), this may unintentionally bring in some additional behind-the-scenes code that may interfere with this function. If you notice that this is not working, please contact the IT Web Team.
Social Media Fields & Publishing
For CP News pages created after late October 2018, you have some additional properties related to Social Media, including a wall post specific for your social media platform.
You will need to link your departmental social media accounts to OU Campus and can then publish directly to your social media feed from your OU Campus website. Contact the IT Web Team for assistance in implementing this option.