IT Administration - CIO Office
The charge of Information Technology (IT) at Utah State University is to take the lead in setting a vision and developing strategies in the area of information technology. IT is responsible for anticipation, planning, and installation of current and new information technology requirements and applications in support of the teaching, research and the outreach mission at USU. IT takes a leadership role for university-wide voice, video and data systems supporting the delivery of data, online course offerings and video and management.
State Information Technology provides quality, timely, secure, appropriate, innovative, and reliable information technology services to support the University’s mission of learning, discovery, and engagement.
Utah State University, as a state-wide multi-campus system, with the help of information technology will be internationally recognized for its exceptional learning opportunities and world-class research. Information Technology will take the lead in implementing the best technologies available so students, faculty, and staff in the USU System can be empowered to achieve the highest level of excellence in learning, discovery, and engagement while working in a safe, secure, and reliable technology environment. Information Technology will contribute to the expansion of educational access to a diverse community. We will enhance the quality of life for individuals and communities through information technology resources and capabilities.
IT Core Values
Information Technology at Utah State University is committed to providing environments of opportunity that value learning and discovery, individual development, leadership, diversity, and outreach and access.
- We value the information technology needs and requirements of students, faculty and staff at USU by providing timely and quality customer service.
- We value employees who exemplify the IT core Competencies (see here)
- We value solutions that incorporate best practices.
- We value customer evaluations of IT services and personnel.
- We value central coordination, collaborative interaction, and inclusion throughout the University for a better IT environment.
- We value an enterprise approach to technology and solutions in meeting the needs of Utah State University.